Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. Thatthe proposed arrangements be noted to provide investment by way of purchase of equity in the Manchester Airport Group alongside the other nine district councils to provide additional car parking provision, to ensure future growth, details of which are set out in the body of the report.
2. That Council be recommended to approve a capital budget increase of £5.6m (£3.7m in 2019/20 and £1.9m in 2020/21) funded by prudential borrowing to be reported to Council in February 2019 as part of the overall budget proposals.
3. That the proposed equity investment be approved of £5.6m in Manchester Airport Group the details of which are set out in the report, subject to Council approving the increase in capital budget and expenditure of £5.6m funded by prudential borrowing.
4. That authority be delegated to the Corporate Director of Governance and Community Strategy and Corporate Director of Finance and Systems in consultation with the Executive Member for Finance, to negotiate and finalise the detailed contractual and commercial arrangements in respect of the above proposed investment.
5. That the Corporate Director of Governance and Community Strategy be authorised to enter into any necessary agreements or documents to give effect to the above recommendations.
Report author: Corporate Director Finance and Systems
Publication date: 04/02/2019
Date of decision: 28/01/2019
Decided at meeting: 28/01/2019 - Executive
Effective from: 12/02/2019