Decision Maker: Executive Member for Housing and Regeneration
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
1. That the activity to support businesses in the borough’s town centres be noted.
2. That the measures to support the reopening of the hospitality sector be approved.
3. That the Trafford Reopening High Streets Safely Action Plan and proposed actions as detailed in the report be approved.
4. That authority be delegated to the Corporate Director of Place to make amendments to the Trafford Reopening High Streets Safely Action Plan as is prudent and respond appropriately to any changes to the Government guidance.
5. That this decision be considered as urgent business and exempted from the call-in process to enable the Council to implement emergency measures during the ongoing Covid-19 health crisis.
Approval of the Trafford Reopening High Streets Safely Action Plan is required to enable the Council access the ERDF funding and subsequently support the safe reopening of the borough’s town centres.
Not to utilise the Reopening High Streets Safely funding but the costs incurred by the Council to support the safe reopening of high streets would not be covered by any other funding. In addition, the Council could choose not to carry out specific works to support the safe reopening of the high street but this would risk greater non-adherence to social distancing measures and not support local businesses.
Urgent item?: Yes
Publication date: 23/07/2020
Date of decision: 03/07/2020