Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1) That the proposed disposal be approved of the George H Carnall Leisure Centre (“GHC”) to the George Carnall Community Group (“GCCG”) as a Community Asset Transfer (CAT) by way of 2 leases, one of the area shaded blue on the plan and one of the area shaded red on the plan (Appendix A to the report) subject to:
I. The Executive noting the attached business plan (Part II) at this time that is developing in the context of Covid19 and supporting evidence for the future operation of GHC by GCCG;
II. The Executive agreeing that Trafford Council & GCCG will be responsible for the risks highlighted;
III. The completion of leases between Trafford Council and GCCG as set out in the report; and
IV. Agreeing the red line boundary for the leases as highlighted in (Appendix A to the report).
2) That it be agreed to fund the immediate work required to transfer GHC in a fit for purpose state of £23,500 from with the current capital programme.
3) That it be agreed to fund major works on the site in line with the current processes for maintaining buildings that are Council assets managed by other groups for a maximum of two years until 31st December 2022 by application up to £50k p.a.
4) That authority be delegated to the Corporate Director of Place, in consultation with the Corporate Director of Finance and Systems and the Corporate Director for Governance and Community Strategy, to agree the terms of the proposed leases.
5) That authority be delegated to the Corporate Director of Governance and Community Strategy to complete the leases and any other documents necessary to implement the decision of the Executive.
6) That a loan facility to GCCG be agreed up to £96,000 as working capital to recruit and pay staff at the centre as well as procure and have installed appropriate ICT systems and pay utilities as detailed in the GCCG business plan. The agreement of final terms of the facility to be delegated to the Corporate Director of Place in consultation with the Corporate Directors of Finance and Systems and Governance and Community Strategy.
7) That it be agreed that the GCCG business plan is not competition for Move Urmston, as set out in section four of the Community Asset Transfer Position Statement document, agreed by the Executive in June 2013.
8) That the disposal of GHC at undervalue be agreed.
Publication date: 27/10/2020
Date of decision: 26/10/2020
Decided at meeting: 26/10/2020 - Executive
Effective from: 04/11/2020