Decision Maker: Executive Member for Investment, Regeneration and Strategic Planning
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. That approval be given to the proposal to grant a lease as detailed in the report.
2. That approval be given to the proposal to grant a Tenancy at Will as detailed in the report.
3. That approval be given to the asset transfer proposal as detailed in the report.
4. That authority be delegated to the Corporate Director of Place and the Corporate Director of Governance and Community Strategy to agree the terms for the grant of the Tenancy at Will and the lease.
5. That, for the reasons set out in the report, this decision be deemed to be urgent, and not subject to call-in.
For the community benefits provided by the Fab Lab to continue, along with enhanced service provision to benefit residents and encourage business starts; the proposed rent-free period provided by the Council will play a key role in keeping the resource for the borough. By supporting AOS, the Council is illustrating its commitment to skills development, innovation and business support in Trafford.
If the Fab Lab were to close and the equipment dispersed, then a community and business benefit would be lost. In addition, there is no guarantee that a new tenant could be found to occupy the premises due to its configuration which could require substantial refurbishment costs to bring it to a specification to enable it to be marketed.
Urgent item?: Yes
Publication date: 04/12/2018
Date of decision: 29/11/2018