Venue: Virtual Meeting
Contact: Michelle Cody Governance Officer
Note: There is a link to view the meeting on the Agenda. Alternatively please paste the following into your browser's address bar: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjwbIOW5x0NSe38sgFU8bKg
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members to give notice of any Personal or Prejudicial Interest and the nature of that Interest relating to any item on the Agenda in accordance with the adopted Code of Conduct.
No declarations were made.
QUESTIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
A maximum of 15 minutes will be allocated to public questions submitted in writing to Democratic Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 4pm two working days prior to the meeting. Questions must be within the remit of the Committee or be relevant to items appearing on the agenda and will be submitted in the order in which they were received.
A number of questions were submitted which were considered to be invalid, however, it was determined that these be treated as additional representations and as such were addressed within the Additional Information Report.
To consider a report of the Head of Planning and Development, to be tabled at the meeting.
The Head of Planning and Development submitted a report informing Members of additional information received regarding applications for planning permission to be determined by the Committee.
RESOLVED: That the report be received and noted.
APPLICATION FOR OUTLINE PLANNING PERMISSION 99795/OUT/20 - FORMER KELLOGG'S SITE, TALBOT ROAD, STRETFORD
The Head of Planning and Development submitted a report concerning an application for outline planning permission (with all matters reserved except for access) for the redevelopment of the site for up to 750no residential dwellings (Use Class C3); local centre and office uses (Use Class E); education (Use Class F1); hotel (Use Class C1); drinking establishment (sui generis); energy centre (Use Class B2) uses and associated infrastructure and open space, with access from Talbot Road.
RESOLVED: That Members are minded to grant planning permission for the development and that the determination of the application hereafter be deferred and delegated to the Head of Planning and Development as follows:-
(i) To complete a suitable Legal Agreement under S106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended) to secure:
· The provision of 15 per cent affordable housing on site which shall reflect the overall mix of unit sizes to be delivered.
· A financial contribution towards off-site open space and facilities for children/young people.
· A financial contribution towards off-site healthcare improvements.
· Either the delivery of the primary school on site, or a financial contribution towards improvements to off-site primary education facilities.
· A financial contribution towards the delivery of the proposed ‘processional route’ along Brian Statham Way.
· A viability review mechanism to capture additional profits above those anticipated by the submitted Viability Appraisal, to fund further developer contributions.
A commitment to undertake and/or fund parking surveys on surrounding streets and where necessary, to seek and fund Traffic Regulation Orders and extensions to resident parking schemes.
(ii) To carry out minor drafting amendments to any planning condition.
(iii) To have discretion to determine the application appropriately in the circumstances where a S106 Agreement has not been completed within three months of the resolution to grant planning permission.
(iv) That upon the satisfactory completion of the above Legal Agreement planning permission be granted subject to the conditions now determined (unless amended by (ii) above).
APPLICATION FOR PLANNING PERMISSION 100759/VAR/20 - 92-94 PARK ROAD, TIMPERLEY
The Head of Planning and Development submitted a report concerning an application for the removal of Condition 2 on planning permission H/21049 (Change of use of 94 Park Road from retail and residential accommodation to banking and ancillary office use of land to rear of 92 and 94 Park Road for car parking) to allow for the re-use of the building.
RESOLVED: That planning permission be granted subject to the conditions now determined with the removal of Condition 2 and amendment to Condition 3 as follows:-
(2) The development hereby permitted shall not take place until delivery and servicing hours, plans showing details of waste storage, the means of access and the areas for the movement, loading, unloading and parking of vehicles have been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The development shall be carried out in strict accordance with the hours of servicing / delivery. The development shall not be brought into use until such areas have been provided, constructed and surfaced in complete accordance with the approved plans. Thereafter, the means of access and the areas for the movement, loading, unloading and parking of vehicles shall be retained for their intended purpose. Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015 or any equivalent Order following the amendment, revocation and re-enactment thereof, no development (other than that carried out in accordance with this permission) shall take place on any of the areas so provided.
Reason: To ensure that satisfactory provision is made within the site for the accommodation of vehicles attracted to or generated by the proposed development, and to ensure that servicing / deliveries can be achieved outside of peak traffic times, having regard to L4 and L7 of the Trafford Core Strategy, Supplementary Planning Document 3 - Parking Standards and Design and the National Planning Policy Framework.
To consider the attached report of the Head of Planning and Development.
The Head of Planning and Development submitted a report setting out the reasons behind the proposal to make an immediate Article 4 Direction removing permitted development rights for the demolition of Chesham House.
(i) That the making of an immediate Direction pursuant to Article 4(1) of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015 to withdraw the permitted development rights to demolish Chesham House, 101 Church Road, Urmston is appropriate, and justified, as demolition of Chesham House would be prejudicial to the proper planning of the area and constitutes a threat to the amenities of the area.
(ii) Approve the making of the Article 4(1) Direction for Chesham House, 101 Church Road, Urmston.
(iii) Delegate authority to the Corporate Director of Governance and Community Strategy to make the Article 4(1) Direction for the land at Chesham House, 101 Church Road, Urmston and delegate to the Corporate Director of Place authority to carry out all necessary consultation following the making of the Direction, to notify the Secretary of State in accordance with statutory requirements and to take all other action considered necessary or expedient to give effect to the matters set out in the report.
(iv) Confirm that the Article 4(1) Direction will be effective with immediate effect once made.
(v) Delegate authority to the Corporate Director of Governance and Community Strategy to confirm the Direction in due course if there are no objections.
(vi) Request that subsequent planning applications involving the demolition of Chesham House and where the Article 4 Direction remains in force to be referred to the Planning and Development Management Committee for determination.