Venue: Meeting Room 10, Trafford Town Hall, Talbot Road, Stretford, Manchester, M32 0TH
Contact: Mrs Ruth Worsley Governance Officer
Webcast: View the webcast
To consider a report of the Head of Regulatory Services.
The Head of Regulatory Services submitted a report informing Members of an application for the grant of a premises licence for Dixy Chicken, 912 Chester Road, Stretford M32 0PA which had attracted representations from local residents against the grant of a licence.
All parties present at the hearing were invited to address the Sub-Committee.
Representations were made in support of the application by Mr A Mahmood on behalf of Mr Sethi Limited. Representations were made against the application by, Ward Councillor M. Cordingley on behalf of local residents, Greater Manchester Police and the Licensing Authority as responsible authorities.
(1) That the application by Mr Sethi Limited for a grant of a premises licence for Dixy Chicken be granted subject to the withdrawal of the application for alcohol sales and in compliance with the conditions outlined in the decision notice.
(2) That the issue of the Licence be delegated to the Head of Regulatory Services.
LICENSING SUB-COMMITTEE DECISION NOTICE
Sub Committee Councillor A Duffield (Chair)
Members: Councillor D Jarman
Councillor D Butt
Applicant: Mr Azhar Mahmood on behalf of Mr Sethi Limited
Type of Licence: Grant of a Premises Licence: Dixy Chicken, 912 Chester Road, Stretford M32 0PA
Representors: Local Residents – not in attendance
Councillors for Gorse Hill Ward – in attendance
Councillor Mike Cordingley
Councillor Laurence Walsh – to observe only
Greater Manchester Police – in attendance
Mr David Kent – GMP Solicitor
P.C. Karen Packer
Licensing Authority as a Responsible Authority
Mr Keiran Hinchliffe – Senior Licensing Officer
Parties Present: On behalf of Applicant
Mr Azhar Mahmood
Lisa Grimshaw – Legal Assistant
Anna Haddad – Licensing Officer
Stacey Hilton – Licensing Officer (to observe only)
Ruth Worsley – Democratic and Scrutiny Officer
Date of Hearing: 3rd December 2019
Time Commence: 6.30 p.m.
Time Terminated: 7.30 p.m.
LICENSING SUB-COMMITTEE DECISION
That the representations received from Local Residents, Ward Councillor, Greater Manchester Police and the Licensing Authority were relevant representations.
The Sub-Committee’s decision is to grant a premises licence for late night refreshment as follows:-
Late Night Refreshment
Monday to Sunday 23:00 to 02:30
Any mandatory conditions which must be included under the Licensing Act 2003.
1. A CCTV system will be maintained and operated at the premises with cameras positioned both internally and externally.
2. Recorded CCTV images will be maintained and stored for a period of twenty-eight days and shall be produced to the Police or Licensing Authority upon request.
3. CCTV will be in operation at any time a person is in the premises. Where CCTV is recorded onto a hard drive system, any DVDs subsequently produced will be in a format so it can be played back on a standard PC or DVD player.
4. Any person left in charge of the premises must be trained in the use of any such CCTV equipment, and be able to produce CCTV images to an officer from a responsible authority ... view the full minutes text for item 7.