Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
(1) That the review summary as detailed in the report be noted.
(2) That the decision making framework and associated criteria, as set out in the report and in Appendix B, be approved to be used to determine future decisions on the implementation of urgent measures.
(3) That the potential urgent measures as detailed in the report be approved in principle.
(4) That authority be delegated to the Corporate Director of Adult Social Care, in consultation with the Corporate Director for Governance and Community Strategy and the Executive Member for Adult Social Care, to determine, in accordance with the said decision making framework and criteria, those cases where there is a strategic or an operational need to implement any or all of the urgent measures.
(5) That it be noted that the Executive Member for Adult Social Care will make a report to the Executive and to the Scrutiny Committee detailing any decisions made to implement the urgent measures.
(6) That it be noted that the approvals in points 2, 3 and 4 of this decision will apply for a period of three months from the date of the decision and may be extended beyond that period if formally approved following a review based on an assessment of need.
In order to manage pressures across the social care system the Council needs an agreed contingency plan. A contingency framework will enable the Council to reach speedy decisions around the implementation of agreed urgent measures if the situation reaches a critical point. The measures will also enable the Council to streamline present assessment arrangements and prioritise care so that the most urgent and acute needs are met and would put into place responsive plans to manage current and future demands.
No option but to agree a plan to help manage the known risks associated with insufficient resources to consistently continue delivering the commissioned care packages or to meet new and emerging demand.
Publication date: 22/03/2022
Date of decision: 21/03/2022
Decided at meeting: 21/03/2022 - Executive
Effective from: 30/03/2022