To consider a report of the Executive Member for Housing and Regeneration.
[NOTE: A related report is to be considered in Part II of this agenda.]
The Executive Member for Housing and Regenerationsubmitted a report setting out early proposals regarding residential redevelopment of the Claremont / Chapel Road site, Sale and the reinvestment of part of the development return to fund the re-location of Stretford Library to the Stretford Mall, and Trafford Music Service to the vacated and improved Stretford Library building. It sought approval to commit the necessary resources for further development of the proposed scheme design to inform the next phase of the proposed development and provide a greater level of cost confidence. This would provide the Council with more detailed information on which to formulate the business case for the proposed development and associated relocation of services.
In discussion, issues were raised relating to the proposed location for the Music Service and library, transport and accessibility issues and various financial aspects of the proposals, which were discussed further in Part II of the meeting. It was emphasised that that the project was at an early stage; that a breakdown would be provided of Music Service users, and further clarification of site details referred to in the report; and that a comprehensive Equalities Impact Assessment would accompany any future report.
(1) That the due diligence currently undertaken, as set out in the report, be noted.
(2) That additional feasibility studies be approved in order to procure professional services to facilitate further project design development (RIBA Stage 2) and further progression of the business case.
(3) That authority be delegated to the Corporate Director of Place to make appointments as necessary in relation to the design development and formulation of the business case to support the proposal.
(4) That authority be delegated to the Corporate Director of Governance and Community Strategy to finalise and enter into any documents required to give effect to these resolutions.
(5) That it be noted that a report will be presented to the Executive following the outcome of the proposed work detailing the proposed next steps.