To consider a report of the Executive Member for Adult Social Care.
The Executive Member for Adult Social Care submitted a report proposing the temporary extension of a contingency framework enabling the Council to reach speedy decisions in relation to the implementation of agreed urgent measures if the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic reached a critical point. The measuresenabled the Council to streamline assessment arrangements and prioritise care so that the most urgent and acute needs were met, and would put into place responsive plans to manage current and future demands. It was hoped that circumstances would not arise which might require implementation of the framework, but that it was prudent to have such a contingency in place, in case the need did arise.
(1) That the review summary as detailed in the report be noted.
(2) That the decision making frameworkand associated criteria, as set out in the report and in Appendix B, be approved to be used to determine future decisions on the implementation of urgent measures.
(3) That the potential urgent measures as detailed in the report be approved in principle.
(4) That authority be delegated to the Corporate Director of Adult Social Care, in consultation with the Corporate Director for Governance and Community Strategy and the Executive Member for Adult Social Care, to determine, in accordance with the said decision making framework and criteria, those cases where there is a strategic or an operational need to implement any or all of the urgent measures.
(5) That it be noted that the Executive Member for Adult Social Care will make a report to the Executive and to the Scrutiny Committee detailing any decisions made to implement the urgent measures.
(6) That it be noted that the approvals in points 2, 3 and 4 of this decision will apply for a period of three months from the date of the decision and may be extended beyond that period if formally approved following a review based on an assessment of need.