Venue: Virtual meeting
Contact: Miss Natalie Owen Governance Officer
Note: To view the meeting please paste the following into your browser's address bar: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjwbIOW5x0NSe38sgFU8bKg
APPLICATION FOR REVIEW OF AN EXISTING PREMISES LICENCE - ASTORIA BAR & GRILL, 32-34 FLIXTON ROAD, URMSTON, M41 5AN PDF 223 KB
To consider a report of the Head of Regulatory Services.
The Head of Regulatory Services submitted a report informing Members of a request from Greater Manchester Police for a review of the existing premises licence for Astoria Bar and Grill, 32-34 Flixton Road, Urmston, M41 5AN.
Representations were made by Mr. D. Kent, Solicitor and P.C. Packer representing Greater Manchester Police and Mr. D. Balmer, Weightmans and Mr. W. Shaw on behalf of the premises.
(1) That the application for a review is from a responsible authority, Greater Manchester Police and is a valid application which relates to crime and disorder and public safety.
(2) That the additional conditions detailed in the decision notice would take effect under s52 at the end of the period given for appealing (21 days or if the decision is appealed against, the time the appeal is disposed of).
LICENSING SUB-COMMITTEE DECISION NOTICE
Members; Cllr D. Jarman (Chair)
Cllr D. Butt
Cllr S. Thomas
Application for the Review of a Premises Licence under Section 51 Licensing Act 2003 at Astoria
Type of Licence: Premises Licence – Astoria Bar & Grill, 32-34 Flixton Road, Urmston, M41 5AN
Parties Present: Greater Manchester Police
Mr D. Kent – Solicitor on behalf of GMP
P.C. K. Packer - GMP
On behalf of Astoria Bar & Grill
Mr. M. Balmer - Weightmans
Mr. W. Shaw – Astoria Bar & Grill
Caroline Myers – Solicitor
Joanne Boyle – Licensing Team leader
Natalie Owen – Governance Officer
Officers – Observing only
Katie Armstrong – Licensing Officer
Ursula Crotty – Licensing Assistant
Jade Pickup – Licensing Officer
Date of Hearing: Thursday 3rd February 2022
Time Commence: 5.30 p.m.
Time Terminated: 10.10 p.m.
LICENSING SUB-COMMITTEE DECISION
The Sub-Committee decided that the application by Greater Manchester Police for a review is a valid application and relates to the prevention of crime and disorder and public safety.
The Sub-Committee required the Licence Holder to produce their Drugs Policy, Refusal Policy, Dispersal Policy, CCTV Policy, Training Policy and any other policies required of them by GMP, to PC Packer within 48 hours of the Sub-Committee meeting. The Licence Holder then has 21 days to comply with any amendments to these policies required by the Police Licensing Officer.
The Sub-Committee’s decision is to include additional conditions as follows, to take effect under s52 at the end of the period given for appealing (21 days or if the decision is appealed against, the time the appeal is disposed of).
1. Removal of the current door team "Securitite" to be replaced with a door security company who are members of the 'Approved Contractor Status Scheme 'ACS managed by the Security Industry Authority (SIA).
2. Notify the police and relevant authorities of the details of the ACS approved contractor Status Company when appointed and any changes made in the future.
3. No less than 5 door staff in operation on the premises each Friday, Saturday and any day prior to a bank holiday, Christmas Eve, Boxing Day and New Year's Eve, ... view the full minutes text for item 10.