Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
(1) That the undertaking of the schemes identified in Section 2.0 of the report be approved and authorised in principle.
(2) That authority be delegated to the Corporate Director of Place to make minor amendments to the schemes as necessary in consultation with the Executive Member for Regeneration and Housing.
(3) That authority be delegated to the Corporate Director of Place to deliver the schemes, including engaging external resources, commissioning surveys, investigations and any other works required to deliver highways and public realm improvements; and applying for planning permission if required.
(4) That the Corporate Director of Governance and Community Strategy be authorised to finalise and enter into all legal agreements required to implement the above decisions.
(5) That an update be provided to the Executive following the public consultation identified in Section 5.1 of the report and every six months thereafter.
So that the long-awaited regeneration of Stretford town centre can take place to benefit local residents, businesses and visitors. It represents a once in a generation opportunity to end the cycle of decline and restore Stretford town centre as a destination in its own right.
The regeneration of Stretford town centre is essential to address the cycle of decline that has adversely affected it for a number of years. The successful Future High Streets Fund bid will transform the town centre for the benefit of residents, businesses and visitors. If the schemes identified in the bid are not delivered then the cycle of decline will continue that will negatively affect the local community.
Publication date: 27/10/2021
Date of decision: 25/10/2021
Decided at meeting: 25/10/2021 - Executive
Effective from: 04/11/2021